Smooth Sailing: Summer Songs & Seventies Soul

Enjoy a new Smooth Sailing trip! The tracks by Creative Source and Debbie Taylor are from a recent compilation album, called 'Step inside my soul'. It contains a host of wonderful rare soul tracks that mostly appeared as one-sided promo singles on Polydor, around 1975. The singles were sent to local dj's, but their power was fading at that time, in favour of national radio. Because of this failing business model the songs dropped into obscurity, amidst the bigger acts on the label. Bear Family (Cree) Records rediscovered these gems and put them together.

Picture Joan Smalls by Solve Sundsbo for Vogue Italia May 2014.

Tracklist:

Barrabas ‎– Mellow Blow (1975)
Johnnie Taylor ‎– Please Don't Stop (That Song From Playing) (1976)
Noel Pointer – Staying With You (1978)
William Bell – Coming Back For More (1977)
Ronnie Foster – Summer Song (1972)
Yellow Sunshine ‎– Yellow Sunshine (1973)
Moonshoes – Yellow Summer (2013)
Brass Fever – Summertime (1976)
Brothers Johnson – Ain't We Funkin' Now [Relative Funk Remix] (1978)
Sidney Joe Qualls – I Don’t Do This (To Every Girl I Meet) (1979)
Creative Source – Pass The Feeling On (1975)
Linda Williams – No Love, No Where Without You (1979)
Debbie Taylor – I Have Learned To Do Without You (1973)
Barbara Lewis ‎– I'm So Thankful (1973)
Al Wilson – (If You Don't Believe I'm Leaving You) Count The Days I'm Gone (1979)
Dusty Springfield – That's The Kind Of Love I've Got For You (1978)
Donna Summer ‎– Rumour Has It (1977)
Love Unlimited Orchestra – My Sweet Summer Suite (1976)
Seawind ‎– Free (1979)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Disco Knockouts!

Smooth Sailing On A Late Summer Night

Soft Rock For Autumn Days by The Smooth Operators