Put On Your Boogie Shoes!


This mix was inspired by ‘Nobody Puts Disco In A Corner’, a fantastic mix from Labellerouge and the video of ‘2 AM’ from Heim and Human League singer Philip Oakey. If you listen to the first one and watch the second one you will understand what I mean! ;-)

I don’t play music of German lips-sync act Boney M very often (although I like ‘Daddy Cool’ a lot), but when I heard two edits of ‘Rasputin’ (‘Russia’s greatest love machine…’), an extended one from Schratchandsniff and a reworked version from Ashley Feraude, I decided to make a version of my own. I used the original intro from Cozy Powell’s ‘Dance with the devil’ instead of the poor rip off from German producer/con man Frank Farian. Then I combined the versions of Scratchandsniff and Ashley Feraude to finish it off.

Enjoy! Picture below from Tracy Toler.

Tracklist:

Side Effect – Dancin’ Shoes (1975)
Wilton Place Street Band – Baby Love, Sweet Sweet Love (1977)
BT Express – Can’t Stop Groovin’ Now (1976)
Cozy Powell – Dance With The Devil (1973)
Boney M – Rasputin [Eddy’s ‘Cozy’ Edit] (1978)
Passion– Don’t Stop My Love [Instrumental] (1982)
Convertion – Let’s Do It (1980)
Hiem & Phil Oakey – 2 AM [Fernando & Toomy Disco Remix] (2011)
Positive Flow – Do What I Do [Soulpersona Remix] (2013)
Two Door Cinema Club – Sun [Chordasian Remix] (2013)
Kristie – Head Games (1985)
Bobby Nunn – Private Party (1983)
David McPherson – You Can’t Stop! (1982)
Freeway – Get The Feelin’ (1980)
The Dells – No Way Back (1976)
Eddie Kendricks – I Won't Take No (1976)
KC & the Sunshine Band – Boogie Shoes (1978)
Maceo Parker – Papa’s Got A Brand New Bag (2012)
Sally Shapiro – Starman [Radio Edit] (2013)

Put On Your Boogie Shoes! by Professor Eddy on Mixcloud

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Disco Knockouts!

Soft Rock For Autumn Days by The Smooth Operators

Smooth Sailing On A Late Summer Night