Groovy, Sexy & Soulful Part 15

This 15th part of ‘Groovy, sexy & soulful’ is what I call ‘couch soul’, music I listen to when I’m not in the mood for dancing or, in fact, making any moves at all. When I feel that way I put on some of the smoothest rhythms and finest melodies I can find and lay down on my couch to relax. I just softly nod my head (sometimes I tap my feet a little as well) and enjoy the music. No ecstatic dancing for me, just head nodding and funky chillin’ with the one I love… Quite a few (brand) new tracks in this mix, by the way. Check out How To Dress Well (best song of the moment!), Breakbot, Mayer Hawthorne and Donald Fagen!

Beautiful picture from tellzoe.


Tracklist:

Frank Ocean – Forrest Gump (2012)
How To Dress Well – Cold Nites (2012)
The Stylistics – Smooth (1978)
Average White Band – Love Of Your Own (1977)
Gene Dunlap Band – In Just A Matter Of Time (1983)
The Blackbyrds – Soft And Easy (1977)
Bridge – Stella (1981)
Leon Ware – Deeper Than Love (1982)
Jolis & Simone – Night Flight (1979)
Carole Bayer Sager – Stronger Than Before (1981)
Samantha Sang – Emotion (1977)
Hummingbird – You Can’t Hide Love (1977)
Heston – Warm Human (2011)
Breakbot – Programme (2012)
Sugardaddy – How Long (2012)
Mayer Hawthorne – No Strings [Rac Remix] (2012)
Side Effect – Georgy Porgy (1980)
Donald Fagen – Slinky Thing (2012)
Debra Laws – How Long (1981)
Leroy Hutson – It’s Different (1975)

Groovy, Sexy & Soulful Part 15 by Professor Eddy on Mixcloud

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Disco Knockouts!

Smooth Sailing On A Late Summer Night

Soft Rock For Autumn Days by The Smooth Operators