You Can Fly On My Aeroplane

Can you guess the theme of this mix? ;-) I live close to an airport, so that explains a lot, I suppose. One of the best (blue-eyed-soul) songs of the 1970s is 'Sky high' from Jigsaw. I still love that track (produced by Ian Levine). It reminds me of a very close friend of mine who died at a very young age a couple of years ago. We shared the same taste in music, among many other things, of course.

The theme song from Rocky ('Gonna fly now') appears to be one of the favorites of North-Korean leader Kim Jong-un, as shown on YouTube. I don't know if that's something to be proud of, if I was Bill Conti or Sylvester Stallone...

A song that didn't make the selection, is a guilty pleasure of mine from Modern Talking, called 'Jet airliner'. I like that track, for some strange reason... And another song that I missed out is 'Pilot Jones' from Frank Ocean, which is on his new album 'Channel orange'.

If you like 'You can fly on my aeroplane', check out 'Take off!', a mix I did last year about the same subject.

Tracklist:

Joss Stone – Jet Lag (2004)
Starship Orchestra – Celestial Sky (1980)
Jigsaw – Sky High (1975)
Love Unlimited Orchestra / Webster Lewis – Welcome Aboard (1981)
Tony Rallo & the Midnite Band – Travellin' Flights Of My Mind (1979)
The Human League – Sky [Plastic Plates Remix] (2011)
Reel People – Perfect Sky (2007)
Maysa – Get Wit Me (2011)
Blue Feather – High Up To The Sky (1982)
Rodney Franklin – Endless Flight (1981)
Tom Browne – My Latin Sky (1981)
John Davis And The Monster Orchestra – We Can Fly (1977)
Bill Conti ‎– Gonna Fly Now (Theme From 'Rocky') (1976)
Mascara (feat. Luther Vandross) – See You In L.A. / Jet Plane Ride (1979)
Goldfrapp – Melancholy Sky (2012)
Wee – Aeroplane (Reprise) (1977)

Enjoy the music on this (needlefree!) flight with Professor Eddy as your captain! :-)

You Can Fly On My Aeroplane by Professor Eddy on Mixcloud

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Disco Knockouts!

Smooth Sailing On A Late Summer Night

Soft Rock For Autumn Days by The Smooth Operators