Funky Chillin' On The West Coast

Tomorrow it will officially be summer and these tracks about California give me the right summer feeling, It's the music I'd like to hear when I'd take a ride to the West Coast on a sunny day with the radio on. But I'm not used to driving a car, I've never been to California and I don't have the money to buy an airplane ticket from the Netherlands to the US, so I don't think this will happen very often... Perhaps I should say instead that it's the music that makes me happy. It's a collection of relaxed tunes that makes you feel like being in California. The songs have a sunny feeling most of the times, but with a few dark clouds as well. It would have been the perfect soundtrack to the movie ‘Flashbacks of a fool’. And if you like this kind of (blue eyed) soul music, check out the excellent chill album ‘LateNightTales: Music for pleasure', which is mixed by Tom Findlay from Groove Armada. Enjoy! Pictures from FreeFoto.

Tracklist:

Yasuko Agawa – L.A. Night (1984)
Leon Ware – That's Why I Came to California (1982)
Weather Report – Barbary Coast (1976)
José Feliciano – California Dreamin’ (1968)
Marlena Shaw – California Soul (1969)
Al Green – Get Back [The Apple Scruffs Edit] (1970)
Jackie DeShannon ‎– Laurel Canyon (1969)
John Stewart & Stevie Nicks – Gold (1979)
Tender Leaf – Coast To Coast (2003)
Steely Dan – West Of Hollywood (2000)
She & Him – Home (2010)
Saint & Stephanie – Hollywood Lament (1979)
The Miracles – Ain't Nobody Straight In L.A. (1975)
George Duke – Sausalito (2005)
John Mayer – Queen Of California (2012)
Brewer & Shipley – Dreamin' In The Shade (Down In L.A.) (1968)
Betty Wright & The Roots – Hollywould (2012)
Donna Summer – Sunset People (1980)
Gus Williams – Canyon To Canyon (1979)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Disco Knockouts!

Smooth Sailing On A Late Summer Night

Soft Rock For Autumn Days by The Smooth Operators